Subject: RE: [dita] some comemnts on the Draft DITA 1.2 architecture spec.

typo: "and the *final* section either..."

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana Spradley
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 9:42 AM
To: Eliot Kimber; Ogden, Jeff; dita
Subject: RE: [dita] some comemnts on the Draft DITA 1.2 architecture
spec.

I myself could go either way Eliot - we could call the entire section either "Extension" or "Customization" - and the find section either "Customization" or "Variation," respectively.

Or instead of "Variation," something that fits the case of someone basically taking DITA as the basis of constructing their own DITA-based, but more-or-less non-conforming, XML document types. Maybe "Mutation" would fit the Darwinian theme a little better...

This final section could do little more than recognize the possibility that someone might do that - and its validity provided that XML standards are still met to guarantee interoperability at that level - even as we recommend against it and outline ways people can keep their document instances within a single XSL transformation of full compliance.