Subject: RE: [dita] ITEM: Meaningful Values for type= on xref and topicref

OK, what if a user has set @type="myfig" where myfig is a specialization
of fig? That is what the DITA 1.0 and DITA 1.1 specs call for. Doesn't
that become invalid with your proposal?

And what about specialized elements that are part of a DITA TC defined
specialization (task, concept, hazardstatement, ...), but not part of
the base topic or map definitions?  How are those different from user
defined specializations in terms of uniqueness?

    -Jeff