Subject: FW: [dita-comment] Misleading example in anchorref attribute description of DITA 1.1 langspec

Hi Robert,

Can we address this as part of the current DITA 1.2 spec draft 2 preps?

Hope you're feeling better.

Regards,
Gershon

From: Lee Anne Kowalski [mailto:lee_anne_kowalski@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:59 PM
To: dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

I am assuming that the dita-comment list is the appropriate way to raise this type of item. If it is not, please let me know.

On the following page of the DITA 1.1 language spec posted at OASIS:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/CD01/langspec/langref/map.html

The anchorref example in the sentence starting "For example," is misleading for Eclipse navigation integration. The example code shown as anchorref="map1.ditamap/a1" does not work in the Eclipse help navigation at Eclipse runtime.

If I change the anchorref code to be:
anchorref="../map1_id/map1.ditamap#a1"

Then the example will work for a map1.ditamap that has a map element with id attribute, id="map1_id".

At the very least, the slash shown in front of the a1 should be changed to a hash (#) for that coding to work in the Eclipse help navigation.

A simple fix might be to add a sentence that states clearly an anchorref example for Eclipse help, in contrast to an example for other runtime formats.

This item has caused confusion for at least two teams that I am aware of, and has affected their productivity. Updating the example in the page on the web site would be a huge help to us.

Sincerely,
Lee Anne Kowalski