Subject: Re: [dita] Learning and Training Proposal: Allow Topicrefs to NestThemselves (Revised)

Dear Eliot, Paul, and DITA TC -

I appreciate the good exchange on Eliot's proposals.

Based on previous sub-committee discussion and input about the map structure, restricting this change to learningContentRef makes sense to me. It provides for somewhat more flexibility, while also keeping intact the overall intent of the learning map structure design.

And the sub-committee is very sensitive to minimizing the impact on vendors and early implementers, so I also very much appreciate Paul's comments and also his willingness to support the revised proposal from Eliot.

Thanks.

John

John Hunt
Chair, OASIS DITA Learning and Training specialization sub-committee

Structured Content Architect / Lotus Information Development Center
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software
john_hunt@us.ibm.com