Subject: RE: [dita] Some practical problems related to packaging

Seth, I do believe that the motivation for peeling away the base package has substantial value, namely, providing the simplest possible setup for implementers to get their feet wet and figure out how it all works before delving into the daunting complexities.

Presenting the training stuff separately also has value, since many existing and new users will not want to have to wade past a raft of new elements and attributes that they never use.

The problem you identify, Kristen, could best be solved using simplified topic types in 1.3, intermediate between <topic> and the current C/T/R types.  For now, we may have to tell them that if they want to use the sources of the base docs as examples of how it's done, they'll have to do so in context of the more extensive package that is equivalent to 1.1.

    /Bruce

From: Kristen James Eberlein [mailto:keberlein@pobox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:08 AM
To: DITA TC

I've assumed that all packages will include the DITA source files for the documentation, in addition to the DTDs and documentation.

This presents a problem for the base package, since many (if not all) of the source files for the base documentation are of type concept and reference.

Thoughts?

Kris
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php