Subject: Re: Where to locate the conformance topic

On 9/1/09 7:35 AM, "Kristen James Eberlein" <keberlein@pobox.com> wrote:

> Elliot, sounds as if we need to discuss this. Off the topic of my head,
> here's what I would suggest:
>
> Overview [Unique for each of the three packages/document variations]
> Conformance statement
> Architectural Specification
> Language Reference
>
> This keeps "Introduction to DITA" as a component of the architectural
> specification.

The problem I see with that approach is that the Intro provides much of the
terminology that the Conformance section uses. Also, the Intro serves an
intro to both the arch spec and lang ref, so from that standpoint it makes
sense to me for it to be a peer to both.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>