Subject: RE: [dita] Action: Eliot on lockmeta updates

Semantically, @yield-to-topic is the converse of lockmeta, which implies
don't yield to topic. The name seems to affect usability only, you can
do the same things with either. Question is what values are needed for
your four cases.

A now moot nit:

> That's not quite what I meant: I meant that the metadata is
> *always* unioned. The only question is what to do when a
> given metadata value can only occur once and occurs in both
> the topic and topicref metadata?

I *think* this says the same thing. "Collision case" = "when a given
metadata value can only occur once and occurs in both the topic and
topicref metadata" and "the default is 'both' for the non-collision
cases" = "Always unioned" (where "always" is subject to the provision
for the collision cases).

	/Bruce