Subject: Issue: glossary.dtd does not conform to 1.2 spec filenaming rules

It was wrong in 1.1, but it's really wrong in 1.2, where we're more concrete
about conformance rules for shell DTDs and vocabulary modules.

The spec is quite clear that topic type modules and shells should be named
to reflect the topic element type name.

That means the module currently named "glossary.*" should be "glossentry.*".

I realize that just renaming the files would probably break a lot of things.

My suggestion is to rename the files and create "dummy" versions of the
originally-named files that simply pull in the correctly-named files via
entity reference or XSD include.

The catalogs could point to the correctly-named files since any system doing
catalog-based resolution shouldn't care what the system ID of the resolved
file is.

This aspect of glossentry has bothered me for a while, but it caused me an
actual processing problem because I have scripts that depend on topic
modules (in particular, the standard-provided shells) having the same name
as the topic type (in my case, I have a list of topic type names from which
I can construct the filenames of the shells as well as the public IDs for
each shell, except for glossentry).

I fixed the problem locally by renaming glossary.dtd to glossentry.dtd, but
that's not really a sustainable solution.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>