Subject: RE: [dita] Issue: <text> should be allowed just about everywhere and it'snot

I think this is a 1.3 item. For 1.2, we have done exactly what was called
for in the proposal, which was to add <text> into elements that have
#PCDATA but do not allow ph or keyword. I remember a lot of discussion
about whether text should be limited to those elements or allowed more
widely, and I think that opening up that discussion again now means redoing
most of that proposal. In my understanding, the intent was to limit the new
element as described, and to leave keyword as the primary unit of reuse for
small items.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit

Do we treat this as a request for enhancement in DITA 1.3 or a bug fix
in 1.2? If the latter, we should probably check for other elements that
the original proposal omitted. I wonder how common this use case (and
others similar to it) would be in the year or two it's likely to take
between now and our subsequent spec release (1.3 or 2.0, whatever it
ends up being)...

/Gershon