Subject: Re: [dita] User Feedback - make safecond unbound

Chris, what is the harm in deferring this request to DITA 1.3? I'm trying
to discern the severity of the oversight in the content model. It is a
small technical change with no doc impact that I can see, and it is
certainly backwards compatible.  But at this point, bugs have higher
priority than mods, which is why I ask about severity. How do other members
feel about the impact of this change to the 1.2 DTDs?

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Architect, Lightweight DITA Publishing Solutions
Email: dond@us.ibm.com
11501 Burnet Rd. MS9033E015, Austin TX 78758
Phone: +1 512-244-2868 (home office)

   --T.S. Eliot

  From:       "Christian Kravogel" <christian.kravogel@seicodyne.ch>

  To:         <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

  Date:       09/15/2009 09:56 AM

  Subject:    [dita] User Feedback - make safecond unbound

Via Robin Sloan we received a user feedback – change request for the
safecond element in the taskrequirements domain.

Change request

Old: <!ENTITY % safety.content
                       "((%nosafety;) |
                         (%safecond;))">

New: <!ENTITY % safety.content
                       "((%nosafety;) |
                         (%safecond;)+)">

The machine industry subcommittee supports this proposal.

We request to add this modification in the DITA 1.2 DTD if possible.

Best regards

Chris