Subject: RE: [dita] strategy for identifying DTD/schema artifacts

strings.

I wouldn't go so far as to imply that any URI can be
used as a public identifier.  Public IDs have a
restricted character set--see my earlier email.

Also, using something like looked like a URL as a
public id would lead to confusion.  A user would
reasonably expect a URI entry in a catalog to be
used to map such an entry, but that wouldn't work.

paul