Subject: RE: [dita] Why There are Constraints on Conref

I get Eliot's point as well, but I think we need to think about it in the
way that authors think about content. The concepts of single sourcing
preceded DITA and formed the basis for the concepts of DITA.

This is especially important as we move beyond Tech Docs, where the concepts
of linking are not commonplace usage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Self [mailto:tself@hyperwrite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:26 PM
To: 'dita'

In the context of single-sourcing, it seems more logical to call the single
source of many content references the source, and the places in which that
single blob of content is used the target. But I totally get Eliot's point
that in the context of linking, the target of the link is the source!

Obviously, we need to be consistent one way or the other!

Tony