Subject: Element-by-element recommendations for translators

Topic: Element-by-element recommendations for translators

Paul Grosso commented that this topic does not belong in the Arch Spec. However, this topic is essential for localization service providers to know how to correctly set their systems to include or exclude certain elements from the translation workbench. We specifically requested that it be added to DITA 1.1.

Why should this topic be excluded? I also don’t see why it is a subject for the Adoption TC since it is a requirement for implementers.

JoAnn

JoAnn Hackos PhD

President

Comtech Services, Inc.