Subject: RE: [dita] Presence of @id affects processing?

After further thought I agree that my first suggestion is better. It
really is tied to the fn behavior and would get lost being discussed as
part of @id. I do however think that @id should at least call out the
fact that fn uses the attribute differently so that users reading up on
@id would not miss it (my first suggestion covers this, I just want to
call it out more specifically).

--
Gershon

-----Original Message-----
From: ekimber [mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:24 PM
To: Gershon Joseph (gerjosep); Ogden, Jeff; Bruce Nevin (bnevin); dita

On 10/29/09 1:14 PM, "Gershon Joseph (gerjosep)" <gerjosep@cisco.com>
wrote:

> Because it's only on <fn>, I think we should mention this in detail in

> the lang spec for <fn> and in the arch spec discussion of @id just
> briefly mention that there is a special behavior associated with <fn>
> and details are provided in the lang spec for that element.
>
> Alternatively, since this is arguably arch spec content, have a
> dedicated section in the @id topic that describes this special
> behavior of the <fn> in detail, and have the lang spec topic for <fn>
> call out the need to read the arch spec @id topic for details of the
> special @id behavior.

I think the first option is better since this is really a detail of how
fn works, not a more general architectural aspect of DITA.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368 2570 Boulevard of the Generals
<http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com
<http://www.rsuitecms.com>