Subject: Re: ITEM: Resumption of: task vs. general task, constraints, conref,and other related issues

Could we finesse the module naming problem by saying that the element type
that currently called "<task>" should have *always been* named
"<general-task>" and that therefore renaming "task.mod" to
"general-task.mod" is a bug fix that cannot be extended to the <task>
element because of backward compatibility.

However, we could, in addition, declare the element type <general-task> as
an alternative to <task>, within the general-task.mod module.

This then makes general-task.mod nominally conform to the rules while
maintaining backward compatibility.

By not having a topic.mod file in 1.2 we then break all existing
specializations of topic, forcing specializers to re-evaluate their
specialization and apply constraints or not as they choose.

We could then either now or in 1.3, list <task> as deprecated in favor of
<general-task>.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>