Subject: RE: [dita] strict task vs. general task vs. the file naming and module rules

Eliot,

On the one hand you say:

> I don't think it's going to come as a surprise to any 1.1 user that 1.2 is a significant change to DITA

and on the other you say:

> DITA 1.2 is fully backward compatible with DITA 1.1

Even if DITA 1.2 is fully backward compatible with DITA 1.1 in some legalistic sense (I'm not agreeing that it is), I hope you can see that some people might not be expecting "significant change" to existing specializations/customizations when they upgrade to a new "compatible" version of the spec.

   -Jeff