Subject: Re: [dita] conref.dita editorial review

On 11/25/09 4:10 PM, "Bruce Nevin (bnevin)" <bnevin@cisco.com> wrote:

> In the first example, what about

> Does the content specifed by the keyref replace the content of
> <keyword>, and if href="glossary/apple-fruit-enUS.dita" fails does the
> content of <keyword> provide a fall-back?
>
> Likewise, could we rewrite the second example as

> Does the content of <term> provide a fallback in case the keydef isn't
> in the glossary or catalog of terms as follows?
>
>  <keydef keys="stock-APPL"
>    href="http://www.apple.com";
>    format="html"
>    scope="external"
>
> If this is the expected behavior, wouldn't that be recommended practice?
> If it's not the expected behavior, should it be?

The current spec (and original proposal) is clear that the effective value
for link text is set only when the element specifying @keyref has no
content. That is, the content is not a fallback, it is the content.

If you want content to be overridden by the value in the keyref, use
@conkeyref.

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 610.631.6770
www.reallysi.com