Subject: Re: [dita] RE: Maintaining current task specializations

On 12/1/09 9:43 AM, "Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com> wrote:

> There was a lot of discussion about this issue and the need for an
> explanation in the spec. during the discussion of strict vs. general
> task and our approaches to that.  I think someone volunteered to write
> this up.  Perhaps it was Eliot.
>
> There is a need for a "what is different between DITA 1.1 and 1.2"
> section too that might cover some of the same ground.  Not sure if such
> a section already exists or if someone has signed up to write it.

I think we've identified two informative appendixes: a general "what's new
between 1.1 and 1.2" and a "migration guide" appendix, both of which I think
I explicitly or implicitly volunteered for, but I will definitely create
initial drafts this week.

The issue with maintaining existing specializations is that, depending on
whether or not the specialization specializes elements within taskbody, the
specialization architect may need to either refine content models to impose
constraints no longer imposed by the base task content models or define an
appropriate constraint module to get the desired level of constraints.

Cheers,

Eliot

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 610.631.6770