Subject: RE: [dita] Normative language specification

Isn’t having the DTDs be normative an OASIS rule?  If so, then our position may have been clarified for us already.

So is the order of priority:  DTDs, XSDs, Language Spec., Arch. Spec?  All with the hope that we don’t actually have any true conflicts.

    -Jeff

From: Park Seth-R01164 [mailto:R01164@freescale.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:08 PM
To: dita
Subject: [dita] Normative language specification

I've been spreading rumors that the DTDs are normative when there is a conflict between the lang spec and the DTDs.

There have been some discussions recently that clearly indicate that DTD technology is insufficient to represent the normative language specifications.

Can we clarify our position on this?

-sp

seth park

information architect