Subject: RE: [dita] Terminology issues: Linking and addressing terms? Referencing and referenced element?

Here's a straw man for starters:

Referencing element
The element which identifies its referenced element in the value of one of the following attributes: href, conref, keyref, conkeyref ... [complete the list]. See referenced element.

Referenced element
The element which is identified in a referencing element by the value of one of the following attributes: href, conref, keyref, conkeyref ... [complete the list]. See referencing element.

Whale away at it!

    /B

From: Kristen James Eberlein [mailto:kris@eberleinconsulting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:39 AM
Cc: DITA TC

Thanks, Gershon. I've now edited most of the terms and handled all but five or six of the review topics. (Paul and Jeff, I'll be sending you e-mail ...)

However, I noticed that the topic does not contain any of the linking and addressing terminology; I thought we had agreed to move it there.

Also, it is lacking definitions for "referencing element" and "referenced element"; can someone provide them?

Kris

Gershon Joseph (gerjosep) wrote:
1E1355AB5D71474AB186AE542E21AD1709B060E5@xmb-sjc-22c.amer.cisco.com type="cite">
Hi Kris,

I have updated the topic to address most of this thread. The decision was to sort the items within each group alphabetically. I have updated some of the group titles based on the discussions during the TC meetings you missed. The main thing I have not done is to ensure the new terms are correctly used throughout the document, and that all old terms are removed or fixed, whichever is appropriate.

There is likely to still be some quibbling over the group titles, but I think I've addressed all the issues that were discussed. In some cases no-one came up with better titles, so I left the previous one or attempted to improve it.

--
Gershon