Subject: Re: [dita] Terminology issues: use of @attribute

I consciously use the most formal notation when writing about both
elements and attributes:

    * The <step> element
    * The @conref attribute

This is in part because of my years working at IBM  -- IBM style
mandates always using angle brackets--but also because of feedback that
I have gotten in the past couple of years teaching workshops about DITA
-- most participants found the formal notation to be the easiest to read
and understand.

Kris