Subject: RE: [dita] foreign element description issue (non-XML?)

Sorry, our last couple messages cross in the ether.

I don't see why you have to get into this level of detail at all.

What I've suggested for a replacement for this paragraph
(fixing some other wording problems) is:

The <foreign> element allows the introduction of non-DITA content such
as MathML, SVG, or some textual data format. If <foreign> contains more
than one alternative content element, they should all be processed.
Specialization of <foreign> should be implemented as a domain, but
architects looking for more control over the content may implement
foreign vocabularies as structural specializations.

paul