Subject: More info on the review process (Was "Re: [dita] Contributing tothe 3rd review")

Hi, Jang.

Yes, that's the way to contribute to the review. Another thing to know is if you are entering multiple comments on a Wiki page, separate your comments by horizontal lines (the Wiki markup is ---- ) so as to make the Wiki page easier for everyone to read.

I wish I could say that comments are automatically picked and magically addressed; that would be nice. What does happen is that individuals responsible for writing specific sections of the spec monitor those pages and respond to the comments. This might not happen until the end of the review -- especially with the holidays looming in front of us, although a few people work the comments as they come in. Some items then get discussed at a TC call, for example:
  • A reviewer and the author cannot come to consensus.
  • Multiple reviewers disagree and cannot come to consensus.
  • A reviewer suggests changing normative statements from a previous version of the specification.
Hope that this helps, and thank you for contributing to the spec review.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; keberlein (skype)

jang@jang.nl wrote:
20091218085429.1228.qmail@eos.oasis-open.org" type="cite">
Hello all,

Sorry if I should have known the answer to my question - I am new to the reviewing process and to Wikis. I entered a comment on one of the language specs pages (related links elements) and wondered if that is the correct method of putting in my 2 cents. Are those comments automatically picked up by whoever is responsible for that section of the specs? Or should I enter my comments somewhere else or via a different method?

Jang(li)