Subject: Re: Format for DITA TC minutes

My concern is for the process; I don't want this to be onerous for anyone
taking the minutes. I had to copy the text file to a new machine in order
to print it to PDF, and that operation was itself the kind of thing that
can be easily interrupted. I could do without PDF for that reason alone.
Also, I prefer for the minutes text to be searchable since we often need to
use these files as collective memory. Are PDFs capably indexed for search
on the OASIS archives?

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Architect, Lightweight DITA Publishing Solutions
Email: dond@us.ibm.com
11501 Burnet Rd. MS9033E015, Austin TX 78758
Phone: +1 512-244-2868 (home office)

   --T.S. Eliot

  From:       Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>

  To:         Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

  Cc:         Don Day/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, DITA TC list <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

  Date:       01/26/2010 12:31 PM

  Subject:    Format for DITA TC minutes

I don't care whether minutes are TXT or PDF,  but I think we only want
*one* file uploaded to the document repository as the official minutes
for the meeting.

With the exception of the minutes for the January 18th meeting, when I
take minutes I upload a file to the document repository AND copy the
contents of the files to the e-mail that it is automatically sent to TC
members when a file is uploaded.

Using TXT files probably facilitates this process, especially for those
TC members who use non-HTML-rendering e-mail clients.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee _
www.eberleinconsulting.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kristeneberlein_
+1 919 682-2290; keberlein (skype)

Eliot<DITA_TC_Minutes-26Jan2010.pdf><DITA_TC_Minutes-26Jan2010.txt>---------------------------------------------------------------------