Subject: RE: [dita] more compact lang ref

Bruce,

I picked univ-atts and global-atts for two reasons; first they seem to
appear in a bunch of places, and second, when they appear, they take up
6 lines in the attributes table. If you include class and output class
(one of the other of which end up on a lot of elements), you end up with
8 lines over three rows in the attributes table.

Since these three items are nearly ubiquitous and are described
separately in the spec, it seems like they could either be named on a
single line separate from the table (with links), or reduced to one line
each in the table. And, for the rather large number of elements that
only have these attributes, the table could be eliminated altogether.

There are other places where this kind of reduction could be done, but
this one popped out at me as we were talking about the spec in the
meeting.

All that said, since probably 99% of the folks using this won't bother
to print it, trying to reduce space, even for the pdf, may not be worth
a lot of effort.

Best Regards,
Dick
XML Press