Subject: RE: [dita] Acknowledgments in the DITA 1.2 spec -- what should theycontain?

After looking more into this issue after today's meeting, I think our focus may have been a little off.

Ideally the "list of people who participated in the development of the specification" should include all members of the TC.

It's not a question of acknowledging the level of individual effort. It's a question of documenting the broad industry consensus behind the specification.

That being said, some dissident members who don't want to quit the committee, but don't agree with signification portions of the spec, may want their names left off. I'm not sure if that's the reason why, but apparently Paul doesn't want to be listed.

To me, it seems the safest procedure would be for Don as chair or his representative to send an email to each member individually, asking them to confirm whether they want their name included, or not - and to follow up until he gets a definite answer from each member.

As for individual effort, if the committee wishes to establish different levels of contribution - Project Manager, Author, Editor, Participant, say - with clear criteria we all agree on as to who gets included in each category - I myself would not be averse to that.

--Dana

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristen James Eberlein [mailto:kris@eberleinconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 6:47 AM
To: DITA TC

An open review comment concerns whom we list as contributing to the DITA
1.2 spec. See http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/AboutThe3#Acknowledgements
for the discussion.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; keberlein (skype)