Subject: Re: Dana Spradley member of DITA Oasis TC

I am deeply saddened at this news, Stephen, as I am sure are many others."Devastated" is more like it. Please give my regards to his family and his many colleagues at Oracle on behalf of the entire DITA Technical Committee and our OASIS hosts.

We missed him at roll call and I wondered about his well-being since he usually posted a "Regrets" note if he knew he could not make it. He was particularly engaged in the DITA TC activities, and was truly a champion for the quality and success of DITA as a content standard. That part seems a small legacy for someone who was also a loved family man and trusted work associate, where he will be missed even more. If you can convey my thoughts as the DITA TC Chair back to his family and his team at Oracle, the DITA world truly has lost a champion, and the members of the DITA TC will miss him. I am so sorry.

DITA TC members, please note the guestbook URL in the obituary and make sure that if you leave any comments here, that you log them there for his family as well.

--T.S. Eliot

steven carter wrote:
Don

I wanted to let you know Dana Spradley, who was a voting member of the DITA Oasis Technical Committee passed away last week.  I understand that Dana had many colleagues on the committee he knew fairly well and I would like word of his passing to reach the members of the committee.  Thanks in advance for helping.

Dana's obituary is at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/seattletimes/obituary.aspx?n=dana-lloyd-spradley&pid=142479241

Steve
--
Oracle
Steven Carter | Director

Green Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment