Subject: Re: [dita] We need a name space for DITA 1.2

OK, I'll let Mary know.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; keberlein (skype)

On 5/20/2010 1:46 PM, Michael Priestley wrote:
OFDEC58772.0B5B86A0-ON85257729.006191A2-85257729.0061A843@ca.ibm.com" type="cite">
We explicitly decided to delay namespaces as an issue until 1.3. We'll probably want multiple namespaces, to reflect the modular nature of the standard.

If they are requiring us to declare one before we're ready, we should push back.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: DITA TC <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 05/20/2010 01:40 PM
Subject: [dita] We need a name space for DITA 1.2

According to Mary McRae, we no longer need an overview document; the overview document was necessary ONLY because we had both an architectural spec and a language spec.

However, Mary says:

"Since there are DTDs and Schemas, the TC must define a namespace. I highly recommend that the TC define an http namespace and provide a namespace document. The namespace document will contain links to the spec, the schemas and the dtd files. OASIS requires namespaces to be in the following format:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/dita/{namespace name goes here} OR
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/ns/{namespace name goes here}"

So what do we want for our namespace name?

FYI, here is a link to the OASIS namespace template:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/namespace.html