Subject: Re: [dita] Normative and non-normative references

Eliot, do you mean XMI rather than XNI? If so, what is the URL?

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; keberlein (skype)

On 6/3/2010 3:16 PM, Eliot Kimber wrote:
Standards that DITA depends on and does/should conform to:

- XML 1.x
- URIs
- XML namespaces
- XNI

DITA does not use, and has no normative or non-normative relationship to
XPointer or XLink (that is, those two standards are not relevant to any
likely use of DITA, unlike, say XSLT or XQuery, which are both commonly used
for implementing DITA processing and to which the spec makes constructive
non-normative reference).

Probably appropriate to have non-normative references to:

- XSLT
- XQuery
- CSS
- XHTML
- XSL-FO
- XTM/XLIFF (I think those are the right localization-related standards)
- IMS-QTI (Assessment markup, reflected in L&T design)
- Standards reflected in Machine Industry specializations

On 6/3/10 11:26 AM, "Kristen James Eberlein" <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>