Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - DITA 1.2 spec: CD 01, new topics to review (new-topics-for-review.chm) uploaded

OK, we're stuck with a convention that makes it harder to distinguish the title from the other parts of the reference. As you look further you'll see that there are some content and markup issues in there too. For example, saying that it is a recommendation or a working draft is more useful and informative than merely repeating the title, as well as being an accurate quotation of the identifying information within the cited document; the convention makes no provision for either in association with <organization> and <date> but maybe it's allowable. There are a few typos or mis-copies. Using &amp; helps visually to distinguish the list of editors from the title. It's too bad we can't put the title in quotes--or can we? Should we use DITA markup for all these content elements? I dealt only with the missing trademark sign, needed in order accurately to quote the title of the XHTML recommendation.

/Bruce

From: Kristen James Eberlein [mailto:kris@eberleinconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:53 PM
To: DITA TC

Bruce, we need to use the conventions specified in the sample OASIS specification:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/OASISSpecificationTemplateV4.1.html#A1-2

This convention is as follows:
<Author or editors>, <title>, <URL>, <organization>, <date>

If any of your mechanical issues are OTHER than the order of the URL, please let me know. (From a quick scan, it doesn't appear to be so.)

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; keberlein (skype)