Subject: Re: DITA 1.2, CD 02 submission (DITA1.2-CD02.zip) uploaded

Hi Kris,

  answers inline.

On Jun 22, 2010, at 2:07 AM, Kristen James Eberlein wrote:

Hi, Mary.

Please see my comments or questions below in
<kje> tags.

Kris

BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

In the PDF version:

1. This Version URIs: text on the cover is fine, but the actual hypertext links point to cd01
> The URI has been incorrectly changed to point to the generic version rather than cd02; the URI was fine before - it was the hypertext link that was incorrect
<kje>Help me understand, since I obviously misunderstood your earlier comments. Is it the case that the links in the "This version" section always point to a specific version -- cd01, cd02, cs -- but the links in the "Latest version" section always are the generic URIs? If so, is the following what you want in the "This version" section?"

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd02/spec/DITA1.2-spec.html (Authoritative version)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd02/spec/DITA1.2-spec.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd02/spec/DITA1.2-spec-chm.zip

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd02/spec/DITA1.2-spec.zip

</kje>
BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

This was originally laid out in an email back on 18 May and yes, the 'this version' link always points to a version-specific URI and the 'latest version' link always points to a more generic URI that will always bring you to whatever the latest version is at the time (if you're looking at CD01 and the spec is now an OS, it would take you to the OS).

BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

3. Namespace: this must be an actual hypertext link
> The namespace must live on http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita - it cannot live at the site of the focus area.

<kje>By "actual hypertext link," do you mean a link to what you call the "namespace document"? If so, where do you want to locate the "namespace document"? Give us a URL, and we will reference it. (
I am not sure why you mention the focus area.)

The nomenclature is problematic, since the actual "Declared XML namespace" is xmlns:ditaarch="http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/"

Perhaps this section should be retitled "Location of OASIS namespace document"?
</kje>

If we were to put an http namespace on the cover, it must not only appear in text, but also be hypertext-linked to the location. i.e. <a href="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/dita/ditanamespace">http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/dita/ditanamespace</a>

BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

5. There are some rules showing up that seem to be tied to examples and should be removed; they appear to be tied to the heading below them.
> rules still appearing; see pg 33 - just prior to 2.1.2.2.5

<kje>I'll open an action item to correct this aspect of the PDF formatting.</kje>
BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">
6. Each Appendix should start a new page; same styling as 1st level headings
> The section labeled 'appendices' should be removed or turned into Appendix A.
<kje>I am reluctant to have a lengthy list of appendices which would be at the same level as major content. For example, if I followed your suggestion, the TOC would look like this:

Introduction
Architecture specification
Language reference
Conformance
Appendix A
Appendix B
Appendix C
Appendix D
Appendix E
Appendix F
Appendix H
Appendix I
Appendix J

Instead, I'll reorg
anize the material as follows, which provides a better alignment with the OASIS specification template:

Introduction
Architecture specification
Language reference

Non-normative information
Conformance
Appendix A. Acknowledgments

? TOC typically includes several levels; not just the top level, and yes, each Appendix is the equivalent of a section and must be listed. No, TOC organization should not require a new vote.

Please let me know ASAP if you think such a reorganization will require a new TC vote.
</kje>

BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

NOTE: In the top section level head, the rule should be the same purple as the headings themselves.
BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

3. The link back to the main page points to cd01
> this now incorrectly points to the generic URI rather than cd02-specific

<kje>Just to check, the base for the URL that you want here is http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd02/spec/DITA1.2-spec.html, correct?</kje>

yes, presuming that's what's noted as the 'this version' URI.

BA930D6B-2C60-4803-BCDC-63151330EA4E@oasis-open.org" type="cite">

On Jun 21, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Kristen James Eberlein wrote:

Mary, you can get the latest ZIP file from the following URL:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/38368/DITA1.2-CD02.zip

All the changes that you requested have been completed.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)