Subject: RE: [dita] DITA 1.2 Review Comment: Thoughts on topicgroup, navtitle, and locktitle

For the confusion, here's a proposed clarification:

In DITA 1.2, the <navtitle> element is optionally available within the
<topicmeta> element. This has the unintended effect of making it
possible to specify <navtitle> within a <topicgroup>. Since the
<topicgroup> element is meant as a non-titled grouping element, adding a
<navtitle> element to the <topicgroup> element has no defined purpose,
and processors must ignore the title. Processors may (but need not)
issue a message when ignoring the title.

/Bruce