Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 November 2010

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 November 2010

Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 9 November 2010 at 08:00am PT for 55 minutes.

8:00-8:05 Roll call
* Regrets: Richard Hamilton
Quorum was achieved

STANDING BUSINESS:

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00005.html (Nevin)
Moved by Don, Seconded by Kristen, carried by acclamation

Subcommittee/liaison reports:

* OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
> No news this time around
> Next week: OASIS DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee

BUSINESS:

1. ITEM: Spreadsheet of voting members for canvassing (continued)

o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00012.html (Eberlein update)
> We established additional commitments to contact those who should vote.
> The ballot starts next Tuesday 11/6, closes 11/30. We will consider what additional steps may be needed, if any, next week.
> We are much better prepared this time than for DITA 1.1.

> Kris: Some recent investigation indicates that we and the Adoption TC are by far the most active and productive committees in OASIS.

2. ITEM: Resume review of packaging survey (Buchholz and Hackos action)

o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201011/msg00013.html (Buchholz update)
> JoAnn has the survey now in Zoomerang. We reviewed the first set of survey questions and recommended changes. We may further process this next Tuesday, although many will be away.

ACTION: JoAnn: send email to the alias inviting further review and discussion.

8:50-8:55 Announcements/Opens
8:55 Adjourn