Subject: Re: [dita] Chair's quote--pls review

Thanks for the discussion thus far. Unless anyone sees crucial issues
with Bruce's rewrite, it comes closest to the spirit of what the TC
commissioned on Tuesday for my message, and seems to account for the
wording concerns pointed out by Thilo and others. Keeping Bruce's sense,
I've updated slightly for my voice and a bit more parallel wording.
Seeing the rewrites reminds me to ask whether we are confident about
"impliable warrantees" in how the benefits are stated. If I hear no
violent outcry, I'll submit this as is to Carol in the morning.
--
Don

Don Day, Chair of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee,
summarized the Committee's goals for DITA 1.2:
"This new version incorporates community
suggestions that will help content owners to create
and deliver more kinds of information in more ways
than ever with DITA. The constraints mechanism can be
used to remove unneeded tags from the authoring
environment, depending on the type of document.
Managing and reusing content is more efficient with
indirect "keyref" addressing using user-defined keys,
and with extensions to conref, such as pushing updates
into already published content. Moreover, the new
Learning and Training specialization provides support
for educational applications, and the new Hazard
specialization supports labeling for product safety
applications.