Subject: Reminder: DITA 1.3 proposal process

As we move in to work on 1.3 proposals, I wanted to remind everybody of the
proposal process we discussed last year on this list and at a couple of
meetings. If you have a moment, please look it over before tomorrow's
meeting.

As a very high-level refresher, there are 3 steps involved:
1) TC hears an idea or use case, and decides if it's worth addressing.
2) A full proposal document is filled out, with details of the full
solution. Moves forward only if the proposal is complete and the TC agrees
with the solution.
3) The solution is *completely* written up for the specification. The
proposal goes into 1.3 only if the write-up is complete and the TC agrees
with the solution / spec language.

More details of what is needed to pass each step can be found at the wiki
page describing the process:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_1.3_Proposal_Process

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson