Subject: RE: [dita] Editorial Suggestion: Formally Define the term "root map"

For what it's worth, in the new release of Arbortext Editor we use the
term "Key Context" to refer to the root map containing key definitions
when talking about keyref resolution.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:13 AM
To: dita
Subject: [dita] Editorial Suggestion: Formally Define the term "root
map"

Had an interesting discussion with George Bina from SynchroSoft on the
general issue of how to talk about "the map that establishes the
resolution
context for key references". He wants to have a standard-defined term he
can
use in his product to refer to this map so that it's clear to users what
he's talking about.

We looked through the current 1.2 spec and determined that we use the
term
"root map" consistently to mean the key-resolution-context-defining map
but
we never actually define the term "root map" formally, although it is
used
in the formal definition of the term "key resolution context".

I would like us to think about whether it makes sense, or is even
possible,
to define "root map" in a coherent way.

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 512.554.9368