Subject: RE: [dita] Fwd: [chairs] OASIS TC F2F Meeting Option -- for review

Hi Don,

I'll be presenting at Tekcom. I would be happy to attend a DITA F2F. I would also be happy to organize/participate in a joint XLIFF/DITA F2F (this could be interesting given the synergy lately between the two OASIS standards).

- Bryan

ps., Perhaps a less obvious opportunity would be the 2nd XLIFF Symposium (28 September) which is part of the larger TM-Europe 2011, in Warsaw Poland. JoAnn, Rodolfo and I are planning to propose an encore presentation of our "DITA/XLIFF, a perfect marriage" presentation/demo.

From: Don Day (LbW) [mailto:donday@learningbywrote.com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 8:40 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Per the following announcement, please look at your calendars to see if you might be doing business in England around the time of Oct 10-13, or could justify travel for attending a TC F2F at that time. I'll add this to our agenda for discussion so that we can assess the interest and develop a reasoned business justification if we agree to planning for this meeting. Besides this OASIS Symposium, what other XML-related events will be commensurate with that time frame and region? Some obvious ones:

·         Tekom's Fall annual meeting:  Wiesbaden, 18 - 20/10/2011

·         The DITA Europe Conference 2011 will be held in November.

--T.S. Eliot