Subject: minimalism in a different sense

From the minutes for the 5/24 meeting:

     [ISSUE-1] DITA contains support for domains that users do not need
and
     [SOLUTION-5] DITA TC should create a set of constrained document
types
       that remove some elements.
     > No discussion or resolution.

     [ISSUE-2] DITA users do not need to know how to create new doctype
shells easily.
     [SOLUTION-4] DITA TC should create default document types that
include fewer
       domains a la base topic.
     > No discussion or resolution.

    [ISSUE-23] DITA requires a conceptual foundation that may take more
time to acquire
     than some users are willing to invest.
     > General: When teaching DITA, consider focusing on the absolute
minimum
       set of feature required and then ask "What is a necessary
addition?"

First, solutions 4 and 5 need to be addressed for discussion in a future
meeting. We missed them because I was directing discussion from the "raw
input" text above the consolidated table.

But secondly, it's worth noticing that although these solutions are
under disparate issues, they all suggest giving users a simplified
starting point to which it is possible to add complexity as needed:

- a set of constrained doc types
- simplified default doc types
- minimum set of features

(This is not an amendment or addendum to the minutes.)

	/Bruce