Subject: Re: [dita] adding <text> and typographic elements to proposal 13029

Yes, the element type <text>, not #PCDATA.

My intent is that <text> should be allowed anywhere #PCDATA is allowed,
modulo some cases where that would be inappropriate or non-sensical,
although none come to mind.

I believe it would be inappropriate to allow anything other than <text>
within <text>, since the point is to support the reuse of text *strings* in
context where formatting and other types of elements would be unwanted or
inappropriate. There are other elements that satisfy the more general
requirement of reusable phrases, namely <ph>.