Subject: Re: [dita] Bug in XML catalog file

Hi Don,

Though it may be technically wrong, it's the only way things work at the moment, in part, because DITA don't have namespace(s) associated with the XSDs.

<system> is there so that it can work with what's currently available as an open source resolver.
<uri> is there so that a resolver that is fully implemented as per the OASIS Entity spec can find the documents.

Kind regards,
Eric

Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - Information Development
DITA XML Schema Architect and DITA Open Toolkit Developer
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email:
esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841

Blue Pages (Internal)

"Transparency and accessibility requirements dictate that public information and government
transactions avoid depending on technologies that imply or impose a specific product or
platform on businesses or citizens" - EU on XML-based office document formats.