Subject: Fwd: [dita-users] Processing reltables

Casey asked if I would forward this to the DITA TC.

Kris

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [dita-users] Processing reltables
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:30:24 -0400
From: Casey Jordan <casey.jordan@jorsek.com>
To: dita-users@yahoogroups.com

I was looking for information in the spec as to how a DITA processor should handle reltables and I didn't find much.

Specifically, I want to know if there are any considerations which need to be taken when "merging"/processing reltables from multiple maps.

My assumption is that a DITA processor should form the union of all relationships defined in all tables, and eliminate any duplicate relationships. But at this point that is just an assumption, I was hoping for a more definitive answer.

Also, the @type attribute seems rather arbitrary in how it is used, processed and displayed in output.

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.

Recent Activity:
.

Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)