Subject: Future of the "DITA for Pharmaceutical Content" subcommittee

Don Day and I are pleased to see a growing interest in DITA across the pharmaceutical industry. A number of pharmaceutical companies have implemented DITA to evaluate the standard, and the Drug Information Association (DIA) included a session titled "Implementing Structured Authoring: Understanding the DITA Model and Its Applicability for Content and Metadata Management" in their annual meeting this year (see http://tinyurl.com/cxcnpbm).

At one time it appeared that a DITA TC subcommittee would play an active role in supporting these efforts. However, the Pharmaceutical Content subcommittee has been inactive for over 18 months now.

At OASIS request, we are closing subcommittees that either are inactive or have completed their work. As TC chairs, Don Day and I are considering closing the Pharma subcommittee, but before we do so, we wanted to shout out to SC members and the TC members at-large to see if there are any individuals interested in stepping forward and leading this subcommittee and its work effort.

Let us know if you have time and ability to provide leadership for this subcommittee. Otherwise, we'll make a motion to close the subcommittee at a future TC meeting. (The subcommittee always can be reactivated at a time when there is leadership and a group of committed members.)

Co-chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com

+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)