Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - Proposal 13111: MathML Domain - PDF Version uploaded

Yes, if you want to have figures with equations presented and numbered
differently, then you would want to have a specialization of <fig> for that
purpose. I provide such a specialization in the DITA for Publishers math
domain, d4p_display-equation.

Given such a specialization, you then do of course need to customize your
output processor to do the right thing.

I specifically chose to limit the proposal to just the MathML container, and
leave things like equation-specific figure specializations to things like
DITA for Publishers, since the potential range of requirements at that point
gets quite wide.

On 10/2/12 9:06 AM, "ian balanza-davis" <ibalanza_davis@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Eliot
>
> Follow your example of mathml in fig elements, does it follow that the fig
> element requires some form of type attribute or specialization (math-fig?) to
> allow figures containing mathml to be prepended with a different label and/or
> collected into a separate "list of equations" for technical/white paper
> publications?
>
> Would it also be necessary to request some form of consecutive numbering
> scheme for equations in output from the OT, as the reference to equations
> seems to be on the whole numeric rather than textual?
>
> Ian

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/