Subject: Proposal 13111: MathML Updates

I have posted updates to the MathML proposal materials. These are detail
corrections in the DTD and RNC declarations--no change to the markup design.
In the Toolkit plugin for the working modules I added catalogs with URNs for
the XSD and RNC modules that reflect the URN pattern currently used for XSD
modules.

Assuming that there is otherwise agreement on the proposal, the only real
open question is the tagname for the <foreign> element that holds the m:math
elements. I have defined it as "mathml_container" but there is probably a
better name.

Autumn from Design Science suggests simply "mathml" or "dita_mathml" (so the
tagname can be consistent with the SVG container, which could not be called
simply "svg" as that is the tagname of the <svg:svg> element itself).

I don't have a strong feeling about the tagname, so I'm certainly open to
suggestions.

Cheers,

Eliot

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/