Subject: Re: [dita] Implications of navtitle on a mapref

The problem with the current spec language is that it doesn't tell you
*when* a navigation title does not make sense.

I can't think of any justification for thinking that topicrefs within a
mapref would have any effect on topicrefs in the referenced map, so that
seems like a very odd expectation.

I think navtitles on maprefs is a case we should clarify in the spec,
probably in the text of the <navtitle> element.

It sounds like there is consensus that the navtitle has no effect on the
navigation tree (is ignored just as titles of sub maps are ignored).