Subject: Re: [dita] Re: [dita-comment] Why does <topichead> allow the "copy-to" attribute on it?

The general intent is to signal that processors should treat the topichead
as though it were a reference to a title-only topic. This has implications
for HTML output as produced by the OT, for example, where a literal topic
will generate an HTML page with links to its children, but a topichead, by
default, will not.

For monolithic outputs like PDF there is usually no obvious change in
results, but for multi-component outputs like HTML there may very well be
differences.

In short, DITA shouldn't require users to create title-only topics (and
references to them) when a topichead alone would otherwise suffice.