Subject: AW: [dita] Machine Industry Proposal: Using Subelements For Attributes

Dear Eliot,

Yesterday we have discussed your proposals in our DITA Machine Industry
Subcommittee meeting and came to the following conclusion:

Moving the quantities and tolerances elements into an mi domain:
- we do not agree to that idea, as quantities and tolerances are not limited
to the machine industry. We recommend to have it as part of the base or
technical section.

Adding the prefix mi to the quantities and tolerances elements:
- we do not agree to that idea, as quantities and tolerances are not limited
to the machine industry.

Using elements (derived from <data>) for <unitofmeasure> and
<systemofmeasurement> instead of attributes
- we agree to this idea

Best regards

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] Im Auftrag
von Eliot Kimber
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. November 2012 17:31
An: Chris Kravogel
Cc: dita

Chris,

Here is the proposal with attributes redefined as subelements specialized
from <data>.

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions "Bringing Strategy,
Content, and Technology Together"
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/