Subject: Proposal 13112: RelaxNG for DITA: Status

I have started working with George Bina on implementing the details of this
proposal, including code to generate working DTDs and XSDs that conform to
the DITA coding requirements from the RNG versions. Would also like to have
DTD-to-RNG code that generates the modules correctly, but that is definitely
a nice-to-have at this point.

I have added my early and incomplete attempt at DTD generation to my
personal DITA 1.3 spec work area on github:

https://github.com/drmacro/dita-13-spec/tree/master/src/xslt/rng2ditadtd

If anyone would like to help with this effort, please speak up.

Once we have the ability to generate DTDs from RNGs that conform to the DITA
requirements, then we can start doing real work in RNG while finishing out
the XSD generation and looking at DTD-to-RNG processing (which will require
using something like the NekoDTD parser mentioned in the context of the
contains and contained-by table generation.

Note that once we have RNG versions of all the 1.3 modules, we could use
XSLT to generate the contains and contained-by information working against
the RNG source (which is XML and much easier to process than XSD).

Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions
Main: 512.554.9368
www.rsicms.com
www.rsuitecms.com
Book: DITA For Practitioners, from XML Press,
http://xmlpress.net/publications/dita/practitioners-1/