Subject: RE: [dita] Definition Handling

Hi Kris

Yes, I read the spec a while back on merging.

This is a small part of my rough proposal and was mentioned for consistency and is a bit of a sideshow – I would be fine if you split that sideshow off or killed it.  It comes from a vague wondering on the idea of a distributed taxonomy where different  subjectSchemes add part of the taxonomy.

I have not encountered that idea yet (but am open to hearing about it) – as I add pieces to my own taxonomy.

I have heard about different taxonomies for different folks around the same subject matter – development uses different terms than sales and I can understand that.  But merging in – not so sure.

SKOS has a taxonomy mapping layer, but that is an attempt to map between conceptSchemes – like mapping from dev terms to sales terms.

http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#L4307.

Anyhow, this should likely be a separate discussion or no discussion from the other points in the proposal.

Merging in general, however, is related to enumerationDef merging, or not, which is also under discussion.

cheers

Jim