Subject: RE: Subjects and Terms regarding keys

Update

I found the glossary.

2.1.1.2 DITA terminology and notation

I am not sure the terms about keys match those developed in the keys description in:

2.1.3.4.3 Key-based addressing

Also here is an update of the tree of terms.

This needs a ton more work – but I post it to relay the gist of the ideas.

The first idea being – can the description of processing and keys processing be simplified in the spec.

The other idea, is how do new concepts like key scope fit into our current definitions.

general definitions

- the “filtered maps tree” is defined by breadth first traversal of all maps and in turn referenced submaps after filtering

- the “filtered publication tree” is defined by a breadth first traversal of all maps, in turn, submaps and in turn topics.

- tree node scope.  The nodes in a tree that are said to be “in-scope” for any particular node, are the node in question and all the child nodes.

(the word scope seems clumbsy – but it has a bit of a tradition...)

keydefinitions:

- key space

- key definition – topicref or subclass with keys and href or keyref attributes.

   - first encountered keydef in a breadth first traversal of the “filtered maps tree”

   - all keydefs regardless of where they are defined have global tree scope (top level node of the tree) .

- key binding

   - resource binding

   - content binding

   - no binding

   - indirect delayed binding  key is defined as a keyref to another key.

key references

- keyref resolution – the act of resolving a keyref to a resource location or content.

- keyrefs can occur before keydefs are established.

- fallback – is invoked if the key is not bound